Sunday 12 October 2014

RETRO BUILD: AMT/ERTL Galaxy Class Tesla (Enterprise-D) Part 8 (final reveal)

Greetings!  This is the final entry on this project which was gifted about a year ago.  Ironically, it has taken me roughly the same length of time to report on it than it did to build.  That's mostly due to a busy schedule...Let's check out this model!

First off, I really rushed in taking the pictures, unlike my other "future" builds using  a green screen.  I also shot it with a DSLR on too dark of a setting and have had to compensate in Photoshop.  Unlike the last couple of 'reveals' where I used a few small studio lights and a a green screen, this was done under florescent lighting.  A note on the finishing is I decided to pencil in all the windows as 'off' after experimenting with painted 'lit' windows.  The 2' studio model of the USS Enterprise from TNG didn't have internal lighting for the windows but used reflective tape.  I tried that too and it looked like...well...keeping it family oriented content, the windows looked bad.

Here it is in all of its glory.




 






I hope everyone who has followed this post enjoyed it and keep following to see the next build.

Happy Model Building!!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment