Tuesday 10 November 2015

Round 2 USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A and USS Brattain NCC-21166 1/1000 scale DOUBLE BUILD UPDATE #6

Greetings!

This will be a short update on The USS Enterprise-A.

I've been really busy with both life and work but from time to time have managed to work on the upper saucer.

I made quite a mess of it with the black primer (sigh).  I wiped off as much as I could. then reapplied grey primer as a light block around the impulse crystal.  Followed by white primer.



One oversight last time was forgetting to mask the impulse engine.


masks for the engine.

Once I covered the engine and re-covered the dome, I reapplied light coats of grey primer to light block the clear parts.


The impulse engine light-blocked in the dark.



The saucer after a coat of white primer.


The impulse crystal is covered with lots of paint, a bit thick, but a light coat of the final colour will really set it off!


An oversight, I still have to add the phaser bumps to the upper saucer.


FINAL PAINTING (on certain parts)

I've added the final accent colour on the pylons as I was spraying that colour on another project.  



So I don't lose the parts, I've assembled the model again.


Here is a comparison with it's larger cousin, a 1/350 scale refit.


That is it for the moment - small update.  My goal is to get the upper saucer completed like the lower saucer, add the electronics and move onto the Brattain saucer/main body.  For Enterprise, my next goal is to move onto the neck, then the nacelles and finally the secondary hull where everything will get tied together.

Happy modelling!!


1 comment: