Friday 7 February 2014

Hobbycraft's 1:72 scale Avro Arrow: Update #9

Greetings, it's been a while...

Life has been really busy and well, I ended up ordering replacement decals for this project.  I really wasn't pleased with their appearance from the original kit and I was less pleased when I tried to remove them.  My custom decals came off easily with Micro Sol.  The kit decals nearly ruined the paint job.  It not only dissolved the decal but the ink in the decal ran all down the model.  I gave it some serious thought about repainting them I took high tack tape to it and it came off easily.  I ended up having to touch up the heirloom white and re-clear coat it with gloss to make it work.
 
The decals I ordered are from Canuck Models.  They are made in Ontario and reasonably priced.  For quality and accuracy, I'm really impressed. 





The instruction sheet folds open with more of the model's panel lines marked off, something I wish I would have known of when I started this project.  The most difficult decals to apply are the 'walk lines', the black striping along the wings which denote safe areas to walk on the aircraft.

I replaced all of the decals with Canucks.  Unfortunately I had one tear on the 'flash' markings.  I can repair that with another decal.




This is where I am with the model.


I'm really impressed with all the minute markings, it adds to scale and realism.

I have finished the port side of the aircraft and still have to put the remaining decals on the starboard side as well as wire the model in it's base.


I should have a completed model by the end of the weekend...stay tuned and happy model building.


No comments:

Post a Comment